Mother and baby
Gather them up -
these babies in their Mother’s arms,
make them glad to be alive
these babies in their Mother’s arms
for they have much to give,
these Mothers to the children.
these babies in their Mother’s arms.
I will bestow a kiss on each forehead –
a kiss that burns for all time.
All the babes were gathered up,
in their turn were kissed – or nearly all.
They asked, those Mother’s whose baby missed the kiss,
Why have you not kissed my child?
Are they not special, too?
They have much to give
these Mothers to their children.
All the Mothers grew old not knowing.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mother and baby by James Mills )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -42, Ronjoy Brahma
- Clubfoot, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Cabaret Ludwig, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- love is, Gicaniro Will
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -41, Ronjoy Brahma
- Prayer and love, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Not to be in surplus, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Volunteers, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -39, Ronjoy Brahma
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -40, Ronjoy Brahma