Mother Dearest One Last Lullaby
Mother dearest sing me to sleep...
Just one last lullaby
The monsters you tried to fight are restless in my head
Instead of underneath my bed
Mother dearest just one last kiss...
Please do not cry
I've wished on the stars with all might
I just want to sleep every day and night
Mother dearest just one last tale...
Read with your usual hope
Tell me about the fairytales
The ones that once seemed so real
Mother dearest please tuck me in...
Make sure the blankets tight
Even if my flesh is cold
Even if I'm young or old
Mother dearest sing me to sleep..
Just one last lullaby
The monsters have won..
I'm finally done.
Mother dearest even if I'm gone
Sing me one last song
Wrap me in my coffin tight
Sing to me with all your might
Send me off with a gentle kiss
Mother dearest I got my wish..
Sing to me underneath my willow tree
Let your voice run through the breeze
Mother dearest I had and have no choice
I can only rest when I hear your voice...
Cassidy Fohs's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mother Dearest One Last Lullaby by Cassidy Fohs )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(22 March 1941 -)
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- It isn't easy!, Lubinda Lubinda
- I Am Third, Perry Biggerstaff
- The Nigeria Political Vampires, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..
- Alack! Afore! Alack! Afore!, Dexsta Ray
- WAR modern art-form of meaninglessness, George Dee Vuy
- I let myself, Elena Ioannou
- Love Is Hard, Is It Poetry
- Broken Waves, Pintu Mahakul
- PH: Poetry Writing: In Poetry, Brian Johnston
- Moving Out, Adriana Avila