Mother Earth's Little Pink Perf
Where flow the rivers and streams the clearest?
Where grow the cornfields and back yards the deerest?
Where can one tangle the best fishing line yet?
On the small and the mighty Great Lakes.?
When do we listen for the wild mallard's call?
When are the red maples the prettiest of all?
Who coaxes the crocus to smile in the spring?
Who teaches the hip-hopping robins to sing?
What makes the wind-chimes the best music of all?
And what makes the queen change her costumes in fall?
What are the reflections on Padderson's Pond?
Behind those blue skies, what lives hither and yond?
Where are the buggy tracks down on the farm?
Where small town and village are chuck full of charm.
Where does a flute bring a song from a distance?
Reminding two people of each other's existence.
I am a friend of old Mother Earth,
I enjoy making others more aware of her worth.
This has been true since the day of my birth,
When I was a satiny little pink perf.
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Mother Earth's Little Pink Perf by Connie Yost )
- Vieze oren, Schone ogen, Madrason writer
- The Purple Lady., Achill Ladd
- My World, Douglas ClearyMaxwell
- Just Write It, Mark R. Elias
- A PHOTOGRAPH OF MYSELF AT AGE TEN, TAKEN.., NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- Dainty Little Poem, Mark R. Elias
- 1959, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- TRANSIENT, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- எப்பொழுதும்!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Peddle Witches, Lilly Emery
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(c. 600 BCE)