Draped in my affection safe and sound
protecting you from things that might
get you down.
Hurling through life's obstacles may be tough
to get around, but my maternal spiritual guidance
will not leave you confound.
It will build you words of wisdom
that will be profound, it will help you get out of
any negative rebounds.
My prayers of peace
will resound through your soul
So take my heartfelt expressions
and treasure them every day.
Then you will see my advice
would not lead you astray.
You are a precious gift from the heavenly sky
and my unconditional love for you
will never die.
When you live your life
on trial and error, keep in mind
my motherly devotion for you is forever.
No matter what, I will always be here for you with
my eternal love, regardless; if I am on earth or in the
With Love, from your mother!
Naomi Johnson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Mother's Love by Naomi Johnson )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(01 January 1950)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I am mad with Love, Mirabai
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- Swachh Bharat, Swasth Bharat (Bharathiya), Dr John Celes
Poem of the Day
- For to Be A Poetess, I Left My Husband, .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- बैसागु, Ronjoy Brahma
- Chassis, Alice Cordy
- My Time On The Mountain, Orlando Belo
- A Degree of Intensity, Daniel Brick
- Oh, This Age of Self-propaganda And Publ.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- हारिनि इयुना जोँनि आखायावनो, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Honey Bee, Paul Sebastian
- Compromised, M.J. Lemon
- I Want You, I Want You, A Girl Just Like.., Bijay Kant Dubey