(Inspired by Kee Thampi)
I’ll always remember Mother -
she was tender as could be.
And yet with great fortitude,
she stood like a tree.
She was anchored in hope
and firm in her love.
And with a steadfast faith,
she looked above.
Her legacy to her children
is the 'example' of her life:
She was a mother and friend.
And she was a loving wife.
Her strength (an asset)
was a shining light, thus,
a very important lesson
Imparted unto us.
*Note: thank you Kee Thampi for suggesting that I write a 'personal' poem about my mother, like you wrote about your 'mum.'
Anie Vans's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mother’s Strength by Anie Vans )
- a break, kkc bba
- You Are Ever Sweet, Pintu Mahakul
- It is better, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- At Kilimanjaro, Tony Adah
- Caught in Rainy Weather, Nia Schexnider
- And we danced, Fluorescent Reality
- Sunset of our hearts, Fluorescent Reality
- She is precious, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Goddess of the night, Fluorescent Reality
- That ugly fear, MOHAMMAD SKATI