Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
' MOVEMENT IN BLACK
Simon makes it all come together, perfectly,
placing antiques 'n curio's on dusted black shelves,
window-sil ledges with geometric widgets,
navigating his world, by touch, and by texture.
Simon day-dreams about women and stem cells,
despite Canon Law, and his strict Catholic rearing.
And, he likes to muse on the concept of light,
spectrums, and prisms, though opague to Simon,
still he dusts pleated lamp-shades that house no bulbs;
says he might buy some hi-powered torchere lamps;
lie back in his chaise, absorb the dark warmth
of clear hallogen,
and imagine the sparkle of sunshine on sea-glass.
And, no one could possibly comprehend,
Simons' world of black imaged movement,
or how it feels to be gifted at birthe,
as an inspiration with Crosses to shoulder.
And of course, there's the expectations from those,
who know not what it's like to live in visual occlusion,
or they who watched Gibson's '''Miracle Worker''',
thinking Bancroft and Duke got it right!
Still, Simon opens his eyes every morning,
in nebulous, oblique, movement,
to all that breathes, or rustles before him,
with all four other senses, working overtime,
His Cross's lone compensation!
And Simon wants to see an oceanfront sunset,
the kind that gloustermen place before women;
say's that's all he really wants,
and his life will all come together, perfectly.
Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (' MOVEMENT IN BLACK by Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR )
- Love You Mom, Harold R Hunt Sr
- what is it for, Bull Hawking
- THE WEEKEND BASH., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Not with truth, gajanan mishra
- The race, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Folk dances., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Day, Hanh Chau
- The Wild West., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I Am A Traveler., Tony Adah
- Broken Family, Broken Relationships, Wro.., Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Different Ways to Pray, Naomi Shihab Nye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)