Not Long Left
Moving on revisited
After everything and one has gone,
distant days begun thier song
Soundtracking my final, feeble stand
As dripping taps and creaking doors
acted as the band.
Each room empty,
removed were furniture and faces
Leaving great grieving empty spaces
Just me and my memories now,
and weak old bread gone stale.
The only thing she had left
Both it and I had failed the test,
No longer strong nor fresh.
Rotten to the core, .
For what is left unloved and untouched
Will soon become no more.
Distant doves mock lost loves
As children on streets dance
to the beat of unkown innocent treats.
Standing here with an unwanted beer,
Waiting for two fates to once again meet.
Blue teasing sky avoids these windows,
For there is no room for light here,
Each and every surface
is bruised with regret,
with a house and heart to let.
For a shelter with nothing to shelter,
Is an unloved, untouched heart.
Even the plates and mouldy mugs
Plead for your return
As the undressed lights
burn, burn, and burn.
Not Long Left's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Moving on revisited by Not Long Left )
- Though I mayst fall, Sir Toby
- FUTURE GROWING DISMAL, Donald R Charon
- S. Truett Cathy - In Memory, Bill Grace
- A pair of eyes, Cigeng Zhang
- Dying In The Truth, Dexsta Ray
- The Purple Ant, Bhargabi Dei Mahakul
- Just For Me, Elia Michael
- A Sad Bird, Rohit Sapra
- we are a perfect promenade, Mandolyn ...
- When Love Opened The Door, Lora Colon
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On Turning Ten, Billy Collins
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)