~~~~~~~Moving with purpose~~~~~~~~~~
veils of time slowly lift,
showing a path that seems to drift,
meandering as if by chance.
once scribed in youthful hues,
now guides in ways I didn't choose.
I attend skyward in askance.
I knew my goal.
I knew my way,
yet somehow I have gone astray.
Another's hand or just mischance?
Do I follow or do I lead?
as along the path I proceed,
to some promised heavenly manse?
I won't bemoan,
whatever my fate,
nor sing of my successes great.
I will just enjoy the dance,
moving with purpose,
thankful for the mapmaker's gift,
a road to guide through life's expanse.
Mahfooz Ali's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (~~~~~~~Moving with purpose~~~~~~~~~~ by Mahfooz Ali )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Low Performances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trivial Pursuits, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- "These doodles help me...", Jeff Gangwer
- "In a manner of speaking...", Jeff Gangwer
- "Can I just...? ", Jeff Gangwer
- SLEEPING NIGHT, Egbe Chris
- Doorways / Points of Access, Jeff Gangwer
- "...on the hook", Jeff Gangwer
- Pioneers and Parade Floats, Jeff Gangwer
- The Muse, Midnights Voice