MR BIG TOE MEETS MELODIE MEZOREE’
MR Big Toe meets Melodie with her yellow yarn hair,
MR Big Toe introduces himself and shares;
“This is the sunniest time of year,
I welcome you Melodie with good cheer! ”
MR Big Toe smiles and tells her he lives on Coconut Row,
Melodie is surprised, she didn’t know.
Melodie is thankful and introduces herself as Mel,
she tells Big Toe she does warm happy spells.
Melodie begins to speak with a voice so sweet,
MR Big Toe notices Melodie has a mermaid tail with no feet.
“Oh, Big Toe it is so very nice to meet you,
I am a mermaid now and I am scared,
I swam by myself and need to swim with someone who cares
MR Big Toe is very merry and has a glowing spark,
she can help Melodie see in the ocean when dark.
See Melodie has had some frightful times,
she needs a friend that can make her feel safe inside.
MR Big Toe then hands her a shell bracelet that shines
“Oh, thank you Big Toe, you are so kind,
I will fit this shell bracelet on my wrist just fine.”
They both go to the Coconut Bar down the street,
they both sit outside on chairs, they both have no feet.
They both relax and have a Coconut drink,
then time passes and the sun begins to shrink.
Melodie says “Lets go to Krendoll island before the sun goes down, ”
MR Big Toe and Melodie wave goodbye to this cozy Coconut town.
Written By Suzanna Chevalier on Januay 30,2011
Suzanna Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MR BIG TOE MEETS MELODIE MEZOREE’ by Suzanna Chevalier )
- A, Vera Sidhwa
- What is your name?, Aftab Alam
- Heaven, Hell, or the Highway, David Lewis Paget
- Grave fetched, Aftab Alam
- Haiku(Courage), Aftab Alam
- Many Lonely People, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reentry, michael walkerjohn
- Buried Beneath The Waves, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- uncomfortable, maharshi trivedi
- Mexican Food With Jesus, Mr. Nobody
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)