MR BIG TOE MEETS MELODIE MEZOREE’
MR Big Toe meets Melodie with her yellow yarn hair,
MR Big Toe introduces himself and shares;
“This is the sunniest time of year,
I welcome you Melodie with good cheer! ”
MR Big Toe smiles and tells her he lives on Coconut Row,
Melodie is surprised, she didn’t know.
Melodie is thankful and introduces herself as Mel,
she tells Big Toe she does warm happy spells.
Melodie begins to speak with a voice so sweet,
MR Big Toe notices Melodie has a mermaid tail with no feet.
“Oh, Big Toe it is so very nice to meet you,
I am a mermaid now and I am scared,
I swam by myself and need to swim with someone who cares
MR Big Toe is very merry and has a glowing spark,
she can help Melodie see in the ocean when dark.
See Melodie has had some frightful times,
she needs a friend that can make her feel safe inside.
MR Big Toe then hands her a shell bracelet that shines
“Oh, thank you Big Toe, you are so kind,
I will fit this shell bracelet on my wrist just fine.”
They both go to the Coconut Bar down the street,
they both sit outside on chairs, they both have no feet.
They both relax and have a Coconut drink,
then time passes and the sun begins to shrink.
Melodie says “Lets go to Krendoll island before the sun goes down, ”
MR Big Toe and Melodie wave goodbye to this cozy Coconut town.
Written By Suzanna Chevalier on Januay 30,2011
Suzanna Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MR BIG TOE MEETS MELODIE MEZOREE’ by Suzanna Chevalier )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Bicker and Swear, Donal Mahoney
- Put God First, Robert Barnett
- Te Amé Desde el Primer de los Días, Hebert Logerie
- Scales falling, Angell Afinowi
- About the Armadillo, Angell Afinowi
- Leprosy at the birthday Party, Angell Afinowi
- The Journey, Alvin Mingle
- Darling, Anthony Di'anno
- Bright Shades of Life, Rohit Sapra
- Tolstoy's Lament, Bill Lindsay