Suzanna C Chevalier
Mr Big Toe Meets Opal Octopus
Mr. Big Toe notices eight legs sticking out of the sand,
she goes over and gives Opal octopus a hand.
Opal was washed up close to shore,
Mr. Big Toe introduces herself and hands her an ore.
Opal says “Hi, and starts to smile, ”
they start to laugh and chat for awhile.
Opal says she is friends with Majesty and Sarah Star,
Mr. Big Toe replies “I swam with them on Tuesday
to the Lantana bridge which is not far.”
Opal replies back, “That sounds like you all had a fun day,
I will have to find them and bring them back your way”.
Then Opal jumps back with her eight legs into the sea,
she waves to Mr. Big Toe and yells “Thank You Mr. Big Toe,
I will say Hi for you to Sarah Star and Majesty
on get to where you have to go.”
Suzanna C Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Mr Big Toe Meets Opal Octopus by Suzanna C Chevalier )
- Uyakhumbula, senzokhaya umhayi
- Wedwa, senzokhaya umhayi
- time or space?, ko the skipper
- The Truth Are From The Laws, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Sadness Of This World, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Could Be Out In The Rain, Vigna Mukund
- Equations: Friend Or Enemy, Guess Who
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second