Mum, There's an Elephant in my Bed...
'Mum, there's an elephant in my bed!
I think it just sat on Teddy's poor head! '
'Come on, don't be silly!
It's probably just Milly!
That cat's a menace! ' My mum said.
'Mum the elephant's eating my sheets!
And that's definately not what Milly eats! '
'Stop telling these lies!
It's proably just mice! '
And this is all that Mum repeats.
'Mum, the elephant's coming downstairs!
I told him you'd be angry, but I don't think he cares! '
'Oh, be quiet Robert! And eat up your lunch! '
She didn't hear the elephant- crunch crunch crunch
As he sat on each of the chairs.
'ELEPHANT! ! ! ' I hear Mum scream,
As she sees him eating all the ice-cream,
And with a burst from his trunk
She looked like she'd been dunked,
On a rapids ride Extreme!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mum, There's an Elephant in my Bed... by Meg Lealand )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Last Journey, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Cat Nap..., Denis Martindale
- Blasphemy Is Light Which Beacons The Pat.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Tall One, tallulah montegue
- to be continued..., Mandolyn ...
- A song of a real dream!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Face in the Passing Train, David Lewis Paget
- Awareness of the Truth (Section 36 of Th.., rajendran muthiah
- The Poetic Art & Craft of O.N.Gupta, Bijay Kant Dubey
- WISDOM, LOVE & TRUST, Tom Zart