Mum, There's an Elephant in my Bed...
'Mum, there's an elephant in my bed!
I think it just sat on Teddy's poor head! '
'Come on, don't be silly!
It's probably just Milly!
That cat's a menace! ' My mum said.
'Mum the elephant's eating my sheets!
And that's definately not what Milly eats! '
'Stop telling these lies!
It's proably just mice! '
And this is all that Mum repeats.
'Mum, the elephant's coming downstairs!
I told him you'd be angry, but I don't think he cares! '
'Oh, be quiet Robert! And eat up your lunch! '
She didn't hear the elephant- crunch crunch crunch
As he sat on each of the chairs.
'ELEPHANT! ! ! ' I hear Mum scream,
As she sees him eating all the ice-cream,
And with a burst from his trunk
She looked like she'd been dunked,
On a rapids ride Extreme!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mum, There's an Elephant in my Bed... by Meg Lealand )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Stupid Illusion, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Por Ti Soñaré, Prophmatt . . .
- The color of love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Nightmare, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Love and Peace, Akhtar Jawad
- Waiting for someone, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Net of Death, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Man for Man, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Lost Love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Invisible wall, Zillur Rahman Shuvro