Mum Your A Star.
To me you are a super start
and I owe you so much more
than the few words
that have come in to my head.
For all the dreams that you gave up,
for all the stories that you read.
For all the dinner that you made
and all the mess you cleaned up.
For all the cold's, flu's and snotty noes,
for all the sleepless night.
For all the pranks that we played.
For all the fights you broke up
and all the lies that we said.
For not saying I told you so when it was clear
and for all the ironing that you did.
For all the plays you didn't miss,
for all the angry words I said.
For all the beds that you made,
for all the cake that I still think about.
To me you are the best, a real superstar,
you didn't run or turn away
just said 'Ok lets start again'
maria goodison's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Mum Your A Star. by maria goodison )
- After Reading the Song of Hiawatha, Effie Waller Smith
- Two Things, Taurai, George Pfumbi
- I listened, I listened, I listened, arshad arshad
- Preparation, Effie Waller Smith
- News York City, Ima Ryma
- Always Money, Taurai, George Pfumbi
- Marbles and Stones, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- I Will Not Say 'Ave', Trong Phan
- Magical Love, Taurai, George Pfumbi
- Postcard, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
Poem of the Day
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- You Will Forever Be In My Heart, Crystal Piatt
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Television, Roald Dahl
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)