Mum Your A Star.
To me you are a super start
and I owe you so much more
than the few words
that have come in to my head.
For all the dreams that you gave up,
for all the stories that you read.
For all the dinner that you made
and all the mess you cleaned up.
For all the cold's, flu's and snotty noes,
for all the sleepless night.
For all the pranks that we played.
For all the fights you broke up
and all the lies that we said.
For not saying I told you so when it was clear
and for all the ironing that you did.
For all the plays you didn't miss,
for all the angry words I said.
For all the beds that you made,
for all the cake that I still think about.
To me you are the best, a real superstar,
you didn't run or turn away
just said 'Ok lets start again'
maria goodison's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Mum Your A Star. by maria goodison )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Minor Bird, Robert Frost
- We lose—because we win, Emily Dickinson
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Wish You Were Here, Eugene Latumbo
- કોઈ પણ બહાને koi pan, hasmukh amathalal
- Observation, Hans Raj Sharma
- MY CUSTOM, SirLalianMwittah Nyalali
- ANOKHA YEH DUNIYA KA MELA, Om Chawla
- The 4th day of Christmas, mai venn
- a hero, Cee Bea
- Never think again, hasmukh amathalal
- GO AWAY, SirLalianMwittah Nyalali
- वक्त की दिवार हम नहीं vakt ki, hasmukh amathalal