Mum Your A Star.
To me you are a super start
and I owe you so much more
than the few words
that have come in to my head.
For all the dreams that you gave up,
for all the stories that you read.
For all the dinner that you made
and all the mess you cleaned up.
For all the cold's, flu's and snotty noes,
for all the sleepless night.
For all the pranks that we played.
For all the fights you broke up
and all the lies that we said.
For not saying I told you so when it was clear
and for all the ironing that you did.
For all the plays you didn't miss,
for all the angry words I said.
For all the beds that you made,
for all the cake that I still think about.
To me you are the best, a real superstar,
you didn't run or turn away
just said 'Ok lets start again'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Mum Your A Star. by maria goodison )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Chaste Stranger, James Tate
- The Blue Booby, James Tate
- Shroud of the Gnome, James Tate
- Poem to Some of My Recent Poems, James Tate
- Life is too Short for Love, Akhtar Jawad
- On the Subject of Doctors, James Tate
- Failed Tribute to the Stonemason of Tor .., James Tate
- A Wedding, James Tate
- I am not a religious and god centric:, binod bastola
- Call from Cupid, binod bastola