Musing with Balm
I wish I could heal you,
To bring you into my arms and soothe you, restore you,
Tell you everything kindly, gently.
But that is not who I am.
I yell out, OUT! into nothing. 'Who am I? ' 'What am I? '
Does my name, my title, mean anything at all?
Perhaps I embalm you. Preserve you.
I can stop you from falling to pieces and keep you,
Safe, in a little jar. An unaltered state.
But that is who I don't want to be.
Or am I merely a product for you,
A manufactured item made just for your enjoyment.
Keep me away from you. I am a lunar crater,
Broken! Filled with untouchable remains.
This is who you have created.
Caitlin Balm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Musing with Balm by Caitlin Balm )
- Come, Come....., Marshall Gass
- From In the mind, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Gramma's house., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Rubber-Band, Marshall Gass
- Stepping Into Your Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- this poem, Bull Hawking
- Revealed From Pretentions Concealed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Ego Control, Ali Faisal
- Coming Home, Randy McClave
- what is this? i don't even..., Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)