He sleeps in quiet slumber
wrinkly face leans left side
Like the old with a big number
Pitter patter, cooling rain outside.
Rib cage slowly rises
so slow no surprises
Until his ear did flicker
a fly lands on one whisker
One eye opens shutter
Housefly buzzing flutter
His jaw clamps lips ashudder
Yawns wide and seems to mutter.
The fly wakes his slumber
The mutt lifted, moved like lumber.
Philo Yan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MUTT SLUMBER by Philo Yan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Tonic Pain, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- In the Absence of Light, F. J. Thomas
- Give me a drink, Diana Rosser
- White Power, F. J. Thomas
- Sweet Dreams, Sambanath Denis
- My unjust God, Nalini Chaturvedi
- continue counting me, Mandolyn ...
- the tail of poet, ademola oluwabusayo
- the way of the world, ademola oluwabusayo
- HELPLESS, Soumita Sarkar Ray