My Amazing Doctor
Breaking a bone is truly traumatic
I'm sure that you would agree
So the doctor you choose is important
I know it was important to me.
From the hospital I was sent
To a man named Dr. Jacob Heck
After slipping on ice and falling
Upon my concrete deck.
Then at the doctor's office, the nurse
Praised him and all this worth
You would think that this man
Was the most famous doctor on earth.
I said, as I gazed around a bit,
'Is my doctor that kid in the hall? '
She laughed and said, 'Yes he is, '
But it didn't seem to faze her at all.
I enjoyed his unique sense of humor
He took my teasing really quite well
When I called him Doogie Howser
He rolled his eyes, yes, I could tell.
The x-rays looked bad for my ankle
Broken in three places he said
In the hospital everyone was ready
As I lay in anticipation upon my bed.
But he did a job that no other doctor
Could do better no matter the age
So thank you, Doctor Heck
For putting me in the recovery stage!
Marilyn Lott's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Amazing Doctor by Marilyn Lott )
- Gigh Anamur n UmaDal, Mohamed Mahou
- -Silent Became My Walking Shadow-, Ali Sabry
- - I Wish You Weren't In-, Ali Sabry
- - Princes Was A Dream Girl Day and Night-, Ali Sabry
- - Hurtful Interaction-, Ali Sabry
- - Please My Lovely Lady Don't Leave Lone.., Ali Sabry
- - My heart loves you -, Ali Sabry
- Floppy, Sidi J. Mahtrow
- -I Do Not Only Loving You-, Ali Sabry
- -How Can I Sleep Honey & I Left You Lone.., Ali Sabry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Woman's Last Word, Robert Browning
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)