Joseph T. Renaldi
My Beloved Sister
Today, while I sit in my rocking chair to rest
Reminiscing the time that I loved the best,
In my vision I can once more see,
My beloved sister and brothers and even me.
The time of happiness that only our family knows,
Before the impending moment that maturity grows.
I am just reminiscing - they have gone their own way now.
Since then - my black hair has turned gray above the brow.
The house is still there - no noise anymore,
No one to pick on, no wrestling on the floor,
No heavy footsteps, no laughter or glee,
My beloved sister's voice no longer calling me.
Many years of our life were spent apart,
My sister and brothers to new nests did part.
Something went amiss one sad day
When my beloved sister left to go far away.
I may have some pleasures and leisure from care,
But willingly, some of my possessions I'd gladly share
If only my beloved sister I could hold near,
For one cherishing moment of that long ago year.
Joseph T. Renaldi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Beloved Sister by Joseph T. Renaldi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Study, Clare Walsh
- Have patience like the earth, gajanan mishra
- Rain, Joseph Paintsil
- Haiku, Noah Body
- Capitalist List Esteem Apex Peak Cut Down, Terence G. Craddock
- A million sparkling rainbows, Nick Kler
- selah, don't say la la la..., Mandolyn ...
- Ego Rulers Built Massive Monuments, Terence G. Craddock
- Capitalistic Perceived Important People, Terence G. Craddock
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...