My Best Friend
I want to make you happy
Though I know I never will
I try to always please you
To keep this sacred seal.
I love you more than life
Although it doesn't seem enough
I try to take the pain from you
To help when things get tough.
No one will ever know
The things we've had to see
And yet somehow it still feels
As if we're in a dream.
They say we're too different
And yet we're the same
The inappropriate bad boy
And the girl who tries to tame.
That's why I'll always love you
And keep you by my side
To help me when I get scared
And conceal me when I want to hide.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My Best Friend by Peyton Webb )
- Proclaiming Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Easter, Naveed Khalid
- Mona Lisa, Naveed Khalid
- Exciting Colors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Three Days Before You Left, Mikey Bachman
- Conceptualizing Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- When someone, hasmukh amathalal
- Different Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Little Abstract, Naveed Khalid
- With a logic, hasmukh amathalal