My Broken Valentines
Everyone smiling and all are happy,
Flowers being shared and chocolates being eaten.
But why, oh why?
Am i not apart of it?
Maybe because i am alone...
No, i dont just want someone this Valentines Day,
I want her
Things aint the same anymore.
Love's a joke
My lifes hit the floor but it's still going further down
I hate all this fake Love Holiday shit.
Happy Valentines Day they say,
Yeah, sure, whatever...
I didnt even know this day was meant to be a happy day...
Im the only miserable one...
Im not with her
Im all alone...
I hope she chokes on her words: 'Happy Valentines Day'
To whoever it is she chooses, whoever they may be...
All i have left to say is...
Have a Happy Broken Valentines Day...
Dean Simpson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Broken Valentines by Dean Simpson )
- THIS AUTUMN, Satish Verma
- खुशियाँ गौने से पहले ही... (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- A Fish Remains, Rohit Sapra
- My Heart Is Still Alive, Rohit Sapra
- Nwng2(Simangnisim), Swrji Basumatary
- Tuniapali Tracks On, Pintu Mahakul
- अपने तसव्वुर में जीने दे और (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- Life Is Good and Not Always Bad, Rohit Sapra
- Reciprocity, Valsa George
- The Spring After Him, Asma Riaz Khan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)