Mark R Slaughter
My Cat Thinks I'm a Plonker
My cat thinks I’m a plonker.
'And why? ' I hear you ask:
‘O puddy-wuddy sweety beeps,
My fluffy-wuffy, time for sleeps…
Now come to Daddy for a hug –
But is he feeling nice and snug?
Let’s rumbly-pumbly on the floor,
Then catch a mouse behind the door.
O Marmy-Warmy Marmaduke (his name) ,
You kitty-witty kuky-kuke... ’
I'd called out loud to bring him in,
But neighbours hear the wincing din:
My puddy’s face now red with shame,
He let’s them think it’s just a game.
And as he trundles through the door,
He glares a glare I’ve seen before –
To tell me what I am, so true:
An utter plonker, through and through!
PS. Poemhunter previously removed this poem probably
because I innocently used a common word of affection for cats!
I therefore replaced it with 'puddy'. Hopefully it won't get removed this time.
Copyright © Mark R Slaughter 2011
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Cat Thinks I'm a Plonker by Mark R Slaughter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- a ReSoRt 2 rEtoRt and sum copy n paste, sEaN nOrTh
- In Lost Dreams, Lilly Emery
- The Present, Elizabeth Shield
- CRY OF THE GONE, Atimiwoaye Adetunji dayo
- I Wish, Poetry Love
- You Say, Leesaan Robertson
- Mr jekyll and Doctor hyde (advert for a .., lee fones
- Ghar sey chale toh the maikhane ko - Gha.., Talab ...
- Two Thumbs Up And No Head Bowed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I Am A Temple, Elma Burke