Many years ago, we did not get along. Its understandable because we were very young. The fighting of two women, trying to find their place, it was almost impossible to win that domanance race. Its a very different world, now than what it was, nobody understands the things that highschool does.
Adult hood is very different, the mindset is completely new. we are no longer children, I have found me, and you have found you. With the past in the past, the future on its way, I know our friendship will last, we will take it day by day.
Dont forget my cousin, how special you really are. reguardless if we are close, you are always in my heart.
Im always so glad to see you, even when you look a mess. you always seem so perky, even when your upset. you hold on strong to that smile, I know this because I do to. My shoulders are not just for Crystals tears, they are also here for you.
Someday we will look back, at the tears, fights and laughs. we will remember all the quorky things we did in the past.
Oh my dearest cousin, this poem is just for you. Look back upon it day by day when you are feeling blue. know that im here to stay, doesnt matter where you go. Pick up the phone any day, and ill already know.
Never say goodbye. but leave it with hello. Goodbye feels like forever, but I will never go.
Bre Renee's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My cousin by Bre Renee )
- Run, run, run, gajanan mishra
- What About Tomorrow, Claude H Oliver II
- My Time, Claude H Oliver II
- The ball, gajanan mishra
- Thousand Lullabies, Eleonor Santiago
- Highest Sky, Eleonor Santiago
- Paradise Rhyme, Eleonor Santiago
- To the Depths, Eleonor Santiago
- Angels on t he Shoulder, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Your Face, Eleonor Santiago
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(15 September 1889 – 22 May 1948)