My darling passed in a dream,
My world went with him.
All I have remaining are his bathing oils
And visions of his masculinity.
If only these withered hands
Could recall the times we caressed
It would suffice on this winter day.
Then I would not have to conceal
My sorrow with a smile.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Darling by Buxton Shippy )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Poem of the Day
- Old man Standing, michael hagwood
- Angelwalk 1, Mr. Spock
- In the rooms, Tom Squires
- stop talking to me, m. l. eoff
- A Lover of A Muslim Girl Am I, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Death ballet, Ojaswi Machiraju
- The Indian Villages of Paglets, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Fred Claus Got It Right, Mr. Nobody
- Taron, Pariyon Ke Desh Meri Chandramukhi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Chandramukhi, I Haven't Seen You For So .., Bijay Kant Dubey