The other day, only about you I thought.
This time I’ve realized I need you a lot.
I saw a young woman walking towards me,
While I strolled on the street, being lonely.
I’m sure it was you. She had your countenance too.
You have changed so much since I last saw you.
You’re more beautiful than when I saw you last time.
You are getting prettier, but your allure is the same.
May God bless and protect you, all your life.
Darling, let's try and get rid of all this strife,
Which is between us. Let’s try to sort things out,
And get together again. It was indeed my fault.
I hope you will forgive me for my past errors.
I didn’t have any other woman all these years.
Every day I waited for your phone call.
But you didn’t bother to phone me at all.
I’m here in front of you. Please forgive me.
I’m ready for anything, if you accept my plea.
You overwhelm my mind with your face and your voice.
I can even smell the perfume I bought for you once.
My dear, right now you mean everything to me.
My other half — the twin of my soul, I want you to be.
My affection for you is beyond everyday occurrence.
I save hot kisses for you. Please, give me a chance.
Ali Sabry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My Dear, by Ali Sabry )
- Teacher Yaser Nadeem Sari, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- How Are You Hittin' It?, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- The Forsaken Tradition, ALEX OGOH
- The different images in life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- India To Vow, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- A Touch of Fall, Rhonda Trull
- YEN, Gina Borrebach
- Geleefd, geliefd, verzonken, Madrason writer
- That coming Fall, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Set of Compromises, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Lilly Emery