'' My Efforts To Write Poetry Are Dead ''
I entered a poetry competition,
If I won I’d give a rendition,
Of what would be my great submission?
I had it all in my head.
I’d use acrostic to obtain a phrase,
Soon my head was in a daze,
This was just another craze,
I’ll try something else instead.
I know what, I’ll write a ballad,
Though the result might well be pallid,
At least I know it will be valid,
Though it may remain unread.
I’ll try again I’ll write blank verse,
In my words I’d soon immerse,
This type of poem is too diverse,
It’s filling me with dread.
Haiku though it can be amusing,
I wouldn’t say it’s of my choosing,
Really I find it quite confusing,
I feel I’m being misled.
A senryu may be more appealing,
But it doesn’t give me any feeling,
The very concept’s left me reeling,
It’s where angels fear to tread.
An epic poem is what I’ll write,
Heroic deeds in every fight,
I’m afraid the end is not in sight,
The result I’m going to shred.
So many types of poetry to ponder,
If only my thoughts wouldn’t wander,
This opportunity I must not squander,
It’s dry my mind’s being bled.
This writing poems is far too tough,
My poor brain is feeling rough,
If truth be told I’ve had enough,
‘’ My Efforts To Write Poetry Are Dead ‘’
bri mar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('' My Efforts To Write Poetry Are Dead '' by bri mar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- The Muse In Flight Before The Approachin.., mary douglas
- Etched In The Stone The Weeping Fern Sur.., mary douglas
- Neutralize your last final words, Mark Heathcote
- Her Voice, Kristopher DeLander
- Blue Words Were Spoken From A Golden Book, mary douglas
- Essay of Self, Simon Quperlier
- I Was Wearing A Dress Of Impeachable Hue, mary douglas
- Dull by nature, gajanan mishra
- Silently Growing Strength, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Green The Leaf Reverts To When Earth.., mary douglas