My Elusive Love
I try to reach out to her
She teases me, she eludes me.
I woo her, I serenade her.
Still her heart doesn’t melt
She tantalises me.
Hours plod on heavily
and visits me
in my day dreams
gnaw at my heart…
Weary and tired
my eyelids drop
and I droop
into a helpless
There, yonder, is my star -
a faint flicker
a little twinkle.
Oh she is there steady,
visible - not slipping away! ...
I stretch my arms up
to touch my prima donna
in her leaden gossamer gown…
Lo, my arms
aren’t moving any further.
They’re skewed to my trunk
and my trunk
is transfixed to my bed…
The star’s glimmer descends
to hook the glint in my eye.
I become dizzy…? .! .? ...
Then the mist clears
and it dawns on me:
It’s light years away for reach –
Too tiny to stay in my hands
Too big to enfold in my arms.
It’s just a will-o’-the-wisp! ! !
Infatuated with the tormenting haiku
[Feb 20,2009: : Hyderabad - 500 056]
AtreyaSarma Uppaluri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Elusive Love by AtreyaSarma Uppaluri )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Frederick William (FW) Harvey
Mir Taqi Mir
(1723 - 1810)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Ohio State, Saiom Shriver
- crowding around the crumbs you leave, Mandolyn ...
- The Drunkard All Alone in The House, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Wide Open II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Christmas Day in Philly, Benjamin Michael Clark
- Shepherdess II, Edward Kofi Louis
- How Old Are You?, Edward Kofi Louis
- If We Don't Meet Upon The Morrow, Kute Makerz
- Radha, Radha, Radha, You Are My Life & .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Our Angels, vanessa hughes