John Lars Zwerenz
My Eternal Beloved
I cannot let go
Of the woman I have seen,
With long, black, wavy hair,
In sanctified visions, soft, serene.
I cannot walk away
From her dark, brown, raven eyes
Where mystic courtyards dwell,
Where slender, silver fountains rise.
A blond haired beauty
Would not be her.
Nor would be a red haired queen.
I know the very spirit of my only, cherished love.
It is of cinnamon, vanillin dreams and eglantine.
It is of rapturous streams of shaded, purple wine,
Of paradise above.
Her hands are of ivory,
Her face is white and fair.
I am destined to deny
All other angels who breeze-blown rove
In the worldly mosaic of the summery air.
My God, my God, how I shall sob and cry
Until I have kissed her in a sovereign, majestic, sacred lair.
My God, my God, deliver to me soon,
This ineffable radiant saint of the skies,
Who possesses the rain, the sun, the moon,
Sable symphonies of dew,
Holy rhapsodies of sighs.
John Lars Zwerenz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Eternal Beloved by John Lars Zwerenz )
- under developed.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Escape, Sandra Feldman
- MUSIC OFF THE WALL! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Expander, Kim Barney
- I believe you never will be too late, Trong Phan
- Angel's fear, gulsher JOHN
- when i loved you and you loved her and s.., Mandolyn ...
- LOve is replaced, hasmukh amathalal
- The lonely wolf, denise nixon
- He Sleeps Too Much, Jena Crowe
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(November 9 - 1937)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)