CRYSTAL B. SMITH
Once I did not know him
A little girl wanted nothing more but to be beside him
He kept saying 'he would be there' but did not show
A teenager hated her father, for he wasn't there and she didn't want him there.
Filled with anger and pain that was from her father.
A young woman now over all the childish games wants to have a relationship with her father.
They converse and he says he is sorry, they set up plans to spend time together.
But one day he has a heart attack and stolen away too early
The girl crys and calls out for her father but he doesn't hear her.
The girl will remember her father not for what he did, but for the memories of him.
CRYSTAL B. SMITH's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Father by CRYSTAL B. SMITH )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal
- Caring For A Lonely Heart, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Play Any Tune, Neela Nath
- It Was the Best Day, Sandra Feldman
- My Sweet Little Child, Luis Estable
- Mad But Not Constant, Luis Estable
- Climate Debate II, douglas scotney
- Thinking To Better Be, Luis Estable
- To Be A Good Man Requires..., Luis Estable
- Between the lines, Dr PJ Raj Kamal