CRYSTAL B. SMITH
Once I did not know him
A little girl wanted nothing more but to be beside him
He kept saying 'he would be there' but did not show
A teenager hated her father, for he wasn't there and she didn't want him there.
Filled with anger and pain that was from her father.
A young woman now over all the childish games wants to have a relationship with her father.
They converse and he says he is sorry, they set up plans to spend time together.
But one day he has a heart attack and stolen away too early
The girl crys and calls out for her father but he doesn't hear her.
The girl will remember her father not for what he did, but for the memories of him.
CRYSTAL B. SMITH's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Father by CRYSTAL B. SMITH )
- Descent Into Hate, Wilma Horne
- Friendship Fade Out, Wilma Horne
- Contradict, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Common Sense, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Love's Slow Death, Wilma Horne
- Door to the Mind, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Traveler, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Pockets Of Lace, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Just You, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Cry of the Unwanted, Fariza Nur Shabrina
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)