My flamingo in June
A love poem.
My flamingo in June:
My aching heart skips a beat,
And an endless moment blends with time,
Peculiar in itself does this seem to me
But thus this moment becomes mine.
This warm tingling sensation in the back of my mind
Something I've always searched for
But could never seem to find.
The way I see the world forever changed.
You may even find this funny, find this crazy, find this silly, find this strange.
But trust me none of you would say this if you've ever felt this way.
It's something that I crave now, every second, of every day.
And it's something I wouldn't trade for the world,
However new it feels to me.
It's something that used to be cliche,
Slightly astute, and cabaret.
It's just something that feels right you see.
No matter how much the irony.
The light seems to shine brighter upon this face,
Like a warm and gentle, light embrace.
It tears my soul to not be here,
I close my eyes and draw her near.
But try as I may it's not the same,
No matter how long I play the game.
So instead I wait and pine,
Over the one it took so long to find.
So instead I ponder the time,
And await patiently for a sign.
I sit back and reminisce,
And smile at my inner bliss.
Parker Griffith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My flamingo in June by Parker Griffith )
- Spaces Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Know Why Old People Are Sometimes Very.., Shalom Freedman
- Speaking Loudly, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Sure, Michael McParland
- Into The Air, Robert Eckstein
- Loving you, Jesus James Llorico
- Fly away, Sagrario Garcia
- Killing Me Softly, Electric Lady
- Shh...I'm Hiding, Shrey Anand
- Faith in Christ!, Shaila Touchton
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1927)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)