My flamingo in June
A love poem.
My flamingo in June:
My aching heart skips a beat,
And an endless moment blends with time,
Peculiar in itself does this seem to me
But thus this moment becomes mine.
This warm tingling sensation in the back of my mind
Something I've always searched for
But could never seem to find.
The way I see the world forever changed.
You may even find this funny, find this crazy, find this silly, find this strange.
But trust me none of you would say this if you've ever felt this way.
It's something that I crave now, every second, of every day.
And it's something I wouldn't trade for the world,
However new it feels to me.
It's something that used to be cliche,
Slightly astute, and cabaret.
It's just something that feels right you see.
No matter how much the irony.
The light seems to shine brighter upon this face,
Like a warm and gentle, light embrace.
It tears my soul to not be here,
I close my eyes and draw her near.
But try as I may it's not the same,
No matter how long I play the game.
So instead I wait and pine,
Over the one it took so long to find.
So instead I ponder the time,
And await patiently for a sign.
I sit back and reminisce,
And smile at my inner bliss.
Parker Griffith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My flamingo in June by Parker Griffith )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Virtuous people shall not do certain thi.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Drinking The Pineapple Wind Out Of A Cloud, mary douglas
- The great companion, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Save By The crumbs, George Egba
- OUR WORDS ARE NOT FUNNY كلماتنا ليست للت.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A SEASON RETREATS..., M.D Dinesh Nair
- Mockingbird tanka, hap rochelle
- My Music Box, Have They Killed You?, mary douglas
- Try to be, hasmukh amathalal
- Id. is case sensative, Aftab Alam