My flamingo in June
A love poem.
My flamingo in June:
My aching heart skips a beat,
And an endless moment blends with time,
Peculiar in itself does this seem to me
But thus this moment becomes mine.
This warm tingling sensation in the back of my mind
Something I've always searched for
But could never seem to find.
The way I see the world forever changed.
You may even find this funny, find this crazy, find this silly, find this strange.
But trust me none of you would say this if you've ever felt this way.
It's something that I crave now, every second, of every day.
And it's something I wouldn't trade for the world,
However new it feels to me.
It's something that used to be cliche,
Slightly astute, and cabaret.
It's just something that feels right you see.
No matter how much the irony.
The light seems to shine brighter upon this face,
Like a warm and gentle, light embrace.
It tears my soul to not be here,
I close my eyes and draw her near.
But try as I may it's not the same,
No matter how long I play the game.
So instead I wait and pine,
Over the one it took so long to find.
So instead I ponder the time,
And await patiently for a sign.
I sit back and reminisce,
And smile at my inner bliss.
Parker Griffith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My flamingo in June by Parker Griffith )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 January 1887 – 20 January 1962)
- Jennifer Gordon
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1886 - 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Don't Go Far Off, Pablo Neruda
- Black Riders Came From the Sea, Stephen Crane
Poem of the Day
- I Want A Foreigner Girl For Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Blackberries / Briars, Frank Avon
- Daru Pikar Naya Varsha Shuru Karne Ka Er.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- It Is Time, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Mother's Love, Father's Love, Sister's L.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- 52, Frank Avon
- Treasure, M.J. Lemon
- For A Friend... (Prose) ..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Thank you Poets!, Paul Sebastian
- One Mourning In The August of '17, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR