My flamingo in June
A love poem.
My flamingo in June:
My aching heart skips a beat,
And an endless moment blends with time,
Peculiar in itself does this seem to me
But thus this moment becomes mine.
This warm tingling sensation in the back of my mind
Something I've always searched for
But could never seem to find.
The way I see the world forever changed.
You may even find this funny, find this crazy, find this silly, find this strange.
But trust me none of you would say this if you've ever felt this way.
It's something that I crave now, every second, of every day.
And it's something I wouldn't trade for the world,
However new it feels to me.
It's something that used to be cliche,
Slightly astute, and cabaret.
It's just something that feels right you see.
No matter how much the irony.
The light seems to shine brighter upon this face,
Like a warm and gentle, light embrace.
It tears my soul to not be here,
I close my eyes and draw her near.
But try as I may it's not the same,
No matter how long I play the game.
So instead I wait and pine,
Over the one it took so long to find.
So instead I ponder the time,
And await patiently for a sign.
I sit back and reminisce,
And smile at my inner bliss.
Parker Griffith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My flamingo in June by Parker Griffith )
- Gray Tears, herbert guitang
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.49, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.48, Monk E. Biz
- Pysch essay 1, imani halley
- Recollections, SALINI NAIR
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.47, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.46, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.45, Monk E. Biz
- A Poets View Of Modern Life, Yohan Confectioner
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.44, Monk E. Biz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns