'My Former Poetic Best Friend.'
Once upon a time, and not very long ago, I searched for a
wide river's road around the bend, only to run into a
dead end. Oh, but I can remember when, you used to
call me your very best friend. Our world's were as
different as could be. The only real tie between us was our
love of poetry.
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
'The Wide River Road Along the Bend.) Last August, I decided to change the title for Shannon's sake. This poem also appeared in the booklet called, 'Apples of Gold.' Which is an actual title to a poetry book that she gave me when we were still friends and attending Everett Community College.
Comments about this poem ('My Former Poetic Best Friend.' by Roxanne Dubarry )
- Sealed With an X, Robert Kane
- In Dismay, Edward Kofi Louis
- We Need The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Praise You, Edward Kofi Louis
- A gift of God, ABHIPSA TRIPATHY
- As One Breathes The Air, Edward Kofi Louis
- Unilateral, Edward Kofi Louis
- Never Feeling Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To The Gates Of Hell, Edward Kofi Louis
- The house where the wife lives like an i.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan