'My Former Poetic Best Friend.'
Once upon a time, and not very long ago, I searched for a
wide river's road around the bend, only to run into a
dead end. Oh, but I can remember when, you used to
call me your very best friend. Our world's were as
different as could be. The only real tie between us was our
love of poetry.
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
'The Wide River Road Along the Bend.) Last August, I decided to change the title for Shannon's sake. This poem also appeared in the booklet called, 'Apples of Gold.' Which is an actual title to a poetry book that she gave me when we were still friends and attending Everett Community College.
Comments about this poem ('My Former Poetic Best Friend.' by Roxanne Dubarry )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Lights, Camera, Action, Sandra Feldman
- Turned Onto Suicidal Paths, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Last Page, Bhaskar Rabha
- Peace, SALINI NAIR
- With a glance on Cuito Cuanavale, Gert Strydom
- Inferno, Gert Strydom
- Exactly in this time(ঠিক এইখিনি সময়তে), Bhaskar Rabha
- Evening conversation, Gert Strydom
- Place, laxami Cards
- teaching my baby girls, Jason Callender