My Friend in Afghanistan
My friend in Aghanistan
Stationed in the frontlines,
He sleeps with his loaded gun
And has never stepped on a mine.
He is a brave young man,
Fighting in eternal wars
From Iraq to Afghanistan -
He may yet get a purple star.
I wrote him to say a prayer
And to connect him with some sanity,
For the trauma and carnage there
May break up a man mentally.
My friend in Afghanistan
My prayer for him was this:
That he remain a whole man
And may he go home in one piece.
But I sadly learned today
His copter blew up in flames,
He has gone permanently away -
Another pawn in these war games.
July 5,2009 Tarlac City Philippines
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Friend in Afghanistan by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- fight back for you, shubham sutar
- Indulgence, Angela Khristin Brown
- Inspiration of Infancy, Chris Jax
- Assorted Interpretations, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Devil To Do A Deed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Walking On The Sea, Saiom Shriver
- Flying Snail, Saiom Shriver
- No Squealing, Saiom Shriver
- Sacred Cows, Saiom Shriver
- Make your Mothers Day, Damian Murphy