My Happily Ever After
Prince Charming ended up with the enemy
Me ending up with his brother, felt alright to me
Though the family reunions, we don't mention those
Oh, the happy ending that I chose!
Cinderella said ' my life is gold compared to yours! '
I said 'Shut up Cinderella and go sweep the floors.'
Snow White said 'Your life must suck! '
So, I said ' You live with 7 en and you don't even make a buck! '
Sleeping Beauty said 'Your story needs work on the happy part'
'Why thank you Sleeping Beauty, Bless your heart'
Then I just broke into laughter,
'At least I wasn't asleep for my happily ever after! '
Jade Blaydes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Happily Ever After by Jade Blaydes )
- God's Gift To You!, Denis Martindale
- Voices, stephen awuni
- Cost Less, stephen awuni
- My Past Governs Me, Ian Paisnel
- Mind's Heart, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unrest Soul: Imperfection, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- OVER THE TOP, Donald R Charon
- Supernova, Herman Dexter
- Ho Hum, Michael McParland
- Backbone Of A Nation, Joseph T. Renaldi
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)