You've never had
A real dream love.
Making you completely
To turn your dreams
You didn't taste
And never danced in it.
It's a dance
Holding your love
Feeling the water
Into your skin.
You've never cried
For not being a child
Even when you forgot
Into your very old
You've never screamed
In the darkness,
And you've never had
To make love
On the snow.
So, don't touch my soul,
You cannot be my king.
You didn't make me who I am.
If you really loved me,
I would never let you go.
Marieta Maglas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My King by Marieta Maglas )
Did you read them?
- All can benefit, hasmukh amathalal
- Water, Wendell Berry
- Only sweet words, hasmukh amathalal
- Good Bye My Rebelle, Hebert Logerie
- Like The Water, Wendell Berry
- what are you to me, Cyrus Shaftang
- Even with enough, hasmukh amathalal
- INTERACTION, Satish Verma
- Kidnap, Bhaskar Rabha
- Oblivion, Regina Andrea Sanico
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1886 - 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)