Babalola Augustine Adeola
My Last Testament (Letter To Mamzi)
this is not a golden ink,
but this what my pocket can give birth to.
You are like a flower.
They will come like bees,
not all worth your...
I have to tell you so many things.
Age travels in a supersonic jet,
while wisdom rides on a mole.
It is good to have friends,
best to keep your enemies closer.
Friends cool you down and your enemies heat you up.
They help you divorce errors
and officiate your marriage with perfection.
It is good to be heard,
in silence strenght made its home.
Take advice as a friend,
opinion as your wife.
Get angry, but bury it with smiles.
This makes your a supper woman.
Multitude are not always right.
As cacophony of voices is not easy to hear.
Life is good as well bad.
Brutish and a beast.
She does her things the other way round.
She is an harlot and her twins is death!
In pain you learn best.
In confort you learn little or nothing.
The best way to guage love,
is how much we can forgive.
Life will pose a lot of questions.
Try not to answer them all.
The more you try,
the more confused you get.
Mamzi, you might not like them all,
but i just felt it is best you know them.
Let me stop here.
As a present for you at eighteen.
Babalola Augustine Adeola's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Last Testament (Letter To Mamzi) by Babalola Augustine Adeola )
- Simply Marvelous, Electric Lady
- Winter in Tennessee, Frank Avon
- Oh, I Can Fly, Francie Lynch
- The drowned emigrants المهاجرون الغرقى, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Clean and sanitized., Ryan Brodesser
- Final Devotion, Saiom Shriver
- Goggles and Goggle-Box, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Promises, Madrason writer
- A Daily Paradox; A Lost Masterpiece, Patrick van der Loos
- A Dewy Pearl, Elia Michael
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Merry-Go-Round, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Kazi Nazrul Islam
(24 May 1899 - 29 August 1976)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)