MY LAST WORDS TO KAYLA
The last words I said to Kayla
“I’m putting you in my book.”
She looked at me with one last look.
Tears running from her eyes that was very sad
I didn’t care if she was wrong or bad.
She had given up and didn’t care anymore
Prison is where she was going
when she went through the door.
She would have to face the next years of her life
in closed off walls filled with pain and strife.
Kayla said “I will be out when I am twenty four”
she had a glimmer of hope at her core.
I told her she would be Kayla the elephant with her
hair fuchsia not blue-
This would give something to look forward to.
She wouldn’t be forgotten on the outside
she would be in my story as a character filled with pride.
In my story she would be an elephant walking in chains
sad look in her eyes for her ankles have pain.
Turning to Kayla saying “You are a sweetheart”
She knew where she was going
she would not be getting a bright start.
Written by SC Chevalier on March 27,2013
SQC Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MY LAST WORDS TO KAYLA by SQC Chevalier )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(15 April 1958)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- QUARTER! 2015 Australian Open: Djokovic .., Vincent Wendele
Poem of the Day
- Esprit de corps, Naveed Khalid
- Almost A Decade, Rimni chakravarty
- A Visit To Your Home Amongst A Field of .., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Cavern by the Sea, Martha Lavinia Hoffman
- Of The Second Presage..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A Smile!, Avinash Nair
- mGIC TREE, oskar hansen
- innocence, abdirahman haaji rilwaan
- MOST LIVING PEOPLE, Michael P. Johnson
- Beautiful rose, Andytics mufc