MY LAST WORDS TO KAYLA
The last words I said to Kayla
“I’m putting you in my book.”
She looked at me with one last look.
Tears running from her eyes that was very sad
I didn’t care if she was wrong or bad.
She had given up and didn’t care anymore
Prison is where she was going
when she went through the door.
She would have to face the next years of her life
in closed off walls filled with pain and strife.
Kayla said “I will be out when I am twenty four”
she had a glimmer of hope at her core.
I told her she would be Kayla the elephant with her
hair fuchsia not blue-
This would give something to look forward to.
She wouldn’t be forgotten on the outside
she would be in my story as a character filled with pride.
In my story she would be an elephant walking in chains
sad look in her eyes for her ankles have pain.
Turning to Kayla saying “You are a sweetheart”
She knew where she was going
she would not be getting a bright start.
Written by SC Chevalier on March 27,2013
SQC Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MY LAST WORDS TO KAYLA by SQC Chevalier )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- गांसे लाइजाम: बर' फंबायनो, Ronjoy Brahma
- MY WORDS REFLECT MY ACTIONS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Soursop Tree, Virgil Suárez
- the murder, oskar hansen
- When the Word "Balsa" Becomes .., Virgil Suárez
- Thaw, Virgil Suárez
- Poem to Eliades Ochoa and Cuarteto Patri.., Virgil Suárez
- A Cuban Dream in Three Parts, Virgil Suárez
- OUR WORDS ARE REPEATING OUR ACTIONS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Dirt Eaters, Virgil Suárez