MY LAST WORDS TO KAYLA
The last words I said to Kayla
“I’m putting you in my book.”
She looked at me with one last look.
Tears running from her eyes that was very sad
I didn’t care if she was wrong or bad.
She had given up and didn’t care anymore
Prison is where she was going
when she went through the door.
She would have to face the next years of her life
in closed off walls filled with pain and strife.
Kayla said “I will be out when I am twenty four”
she had a glimmer of hope at her core.
I told her she would be Kayla the elephant with her
hair fuchsia not blue-
This would give something to look forward to.
She wouldn’t be forgotten on the outside
she would be in my story as a character filled with pride.
In my story she would be an elephant walking in chains
sad look in her eyes for her ankles have pain.
Turning to Kayla saying “You are a sweetheart”
She knew where she was going
she would not be getting a bright start.
Written by SC Chevalier on March 27,2013
SQC Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MY LAST WORDS TO KAYLA by SQC Chevalier )
- Gleaming Moon Walked With Me,, Aftab Alam
- I choose nature to you, Vidura Prabhath
- [FIVE] - of roses in a decaying memory, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- My Winter Bed, BARRY WYATT JR.
- Forget You Not, Forget You Not, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love Me, Love Me, You Just Love Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The sweetest song, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Be logic., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Loving Me, Leave Me Not, Desert You Not,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- L'amour est un Triste Caméléon, Hebert Logerie
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns