I stand there, confused as I am blind, I ask myself
What medecine shall heal my life?
For I am here rising against my death alone, as I die slowly.
I look around, seeking the word love, on this battlefield of life
I look, I find nothing, but hatred, scattered all over, like blood
Why? Why hate, when us are made of the same flesh, same bones, as we drink, eat and breath the same thing, we are bred
to unite, to hold our hands, with love, and clear of hate, why would we love not? ... I talk, talk and talk, as all ignore, I sit here alone, wondering for when shall this burden of hate end, waiting and seeking the moment to see us bound together, forever...
We all, have the same essence, as we cannot live without each person that lies in this planet, we all complete a puzzle, that leads to perfection... Sadly, the puzzle pieces, just seek out another puzzle, as they regret it when it's too late...
Why? ... Why... I don't care what happens to my life, all I want is to see us unite before I shall have my eternal sleep...
I shall be waiting that day, I stand here, waiting and waiting, to see us understand each''s feelings.
Ameed Taha's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My life by Ameed Taha )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- A Song Of Joys, Walt Whitman
- Fließendes Grün, Floy Dy (Floyd) Ra (Floydson)
- Release yourself, Elena Ioannou
- BETCHE SAID PATIENCE, ANTHONY KIRUI
- Crazy Thing, Leah Ayliffe
- A Thought A Head, Ima Ryma
- **कधी कधी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** सागं ना 2 **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** अबोल भावना मनातल्या **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- I am Not Alone, Sandra Feldman