I stand there, confused as I am blind, I ask myself
What medecine shall heal my life?
For I am here rising against my death alone, as I die slowly.
I look around, seeking the word love, on this battlefield of life
I look, I find nothing, but hatred, scattered all over, like blood
Why? Why hate, when us are made of the same flesh, same bones, as we drink, eat and breath the same thing, we are bred
to unite, to hold our hands, with love, and clear of hate, why would we love not? ... I talk, talk and talk, as all ignore, I sit here alone, wondering for when shall this burden of hate end, waiting and seeking the moment to see us bound together, forever...
We all, have the same essence, as we cannot live without each person that lies in this planet, we all complete a puzzle, that leads to perfection... Sadly, the puzzle pieces, just seek out another puzzle, as they regret it when it's too late...
Why? ... Why... I don't care what happens to my life, all I want is to see us unite before I shall have my eternal sleep...
I shall be waiting that day, I stand here, waiting and waiting, to see us understand each''s feelings.
Ameed Taha's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My life by Ameed Taha )
- तुम और हम, Priyanka Gupta
- Seeing Childhood In Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Intellectual Gifts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God Is Light, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Welcome Autumn, Abdullah alHemaidy
- shadow of life, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Obstacle Race, anujan raja
- Death wish, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Through crisis, hasmukh amathalal
- Beyond the curve, SALINI NAIR
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Maurice Polydore-Marie-Bernard Maeterlinck
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1886 - 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)