My Life Will Go On
my life will go on
for the time being.
will not see the sunset
the clean up has begun
but the vision
only hours ago,
reading letters from home.
the sun still shines
upon the sandbags
where the blood has dried.
i will let the memory
i am burdened with.
for the time being
my life will go on.
Kyle Schlicher's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Life Will Go On by Kyle Schlicher )
- The Seminar Activity, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Story of a thousand Hopes, clawdea benat
- gLoW hideing OfF iN2 thE sUnsEt, sEaN nOrTh
- Absence, Ibrahim Nasrallah
- Funeral, Ibrahim Nasrallah
- I am complete in your arms.., Manish Guru
- She, Akhtar Jawad
- Lunch, anthony henriques
- A thoughtless god, Solomon Marshall
- Mukkamal Hoon tumhare Daman mein, Manish Guru
Poem of the Day
- November, Thomas Hood
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)