My Little Sister
A forever friend,
A thoughtful listener,
A compassionate girl.
What more can I ask for?
My little sister,
Hides her identity behind alias after alias,
She keeps quiet outside;
Yet animals see through her shyness.
My dear, darling, little sister,
She feels only at home with animals.
Even the slightest mistake gets her embarrassed.
Yet she has a way with Nature.
Ebony black hair,
Blazing hazel eyes,
And a China-doll face.
Her heart though; is her true virtue.
She buries herself in her books,
Spends hours with her best friend: the violin.
She sees through the eyes of animals,
Yet still manages to keep her grades high.
She may be shy.
She may make mistakes occasionally;
But I love her,
No matter what.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Little Sister by Cassandra Jasmine )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- It's Funny, Isn't It?, Lili Domis
- You And I, Lili Domis
- Sonnet: Who Makes Money Wisely?, Dr John Celes
- Postcard For The Tin Soldier In Tintypes.., mary douglas
- I Submit, I Am Krakatoa
- till the last blood, binod bastola
- When Public Limited Company Goes Under, Terence G. Craddock
- We are three friends, gajanan mishra
- Single march, hasmukh amathalal
- It is unpleasant to live with mental uns.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan