My Marine Leaving for War
I can’t explain how I feel
Reality has set in.
7 months away for war
Will I ever see him again?
My heart aches
He’ll be gone, it’s true.
I tremble and shake
I whisper “I love you.”
This is not a dream.
This is a reality
This life I’ve chosen
Has many impossibilities.
Knowing he’ll be away
For a very long while
I try not to fall apart
So I look at him and smile.
“I’ll always be in your heart,
Waiting and holding on
To our love and our dreams.
This I know will make us strong”
“Be safe, come back to me.'
Softly I whispered in his ears.
Knowing in time
He'll be back in half a year.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Marine Leaving for War by stephanie stoller )
- The one who is blessed by the God is su.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Angel, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Malaria, hasmukh amathalal
- The life we have lived, Goodenough Sakhile Dlamini
- At our will, hasmukh amathalal
- See the fishes, hasmukh amathalal
- Two Become One, Loide V Augustinus
- Your Sweetness, Loide V Augustinus
- Why do you mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Drifting Away, Loide V Augustinus