My Mother Buys Mine
Miss Fuff came to school and typically flounced,
Then trounced on my ego once more.
''I've never had hand-me-down clothes, ' she announced,
'My mother buys mine at the store! '
My six year old patience has worn very thin,
My pride has been trampled before.
'I've never worn hand-me-down shoes, ' she put in,
My mother buys mine at the store! '
My shyness has forced me to hold it all in,
I'm tired of this to the core!
'I have a baby brother, ' I said with chagrin,
Not trying to even the score.
'I don't have a brother, ' chirped little Miss Fluff,
I've begged both my parents before,
But they laugh and tell me that I'm quite enough.A brother I'd truly adore!
'I have a big brother who thinks he's so tough,
My little twin sisters are four.
It's fun to have brothers and sisters, I puff,
'My mother buys mine at the store! '.
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My Mother Buys Mine by Connie Yost )
- Love: Don't Bargain, Aftab Alam
- War is lust and Peace is Love,, Aftab Alam
- CV, Mae AC.
- Endless game, hasmukh amathalal
- Seasonings of Sense, Mae AC.
- War And Not To Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ISRO's MOM in Mars - Congrats to Indian .., Dr John Celes
- Free on the Breeze, Thomas Plotz
- Gather strength, hasmukh amathalal
- INDIA! INDIA!, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)