My Mother Buys Mine
Miss Fuff came to school and typically flounced,
Then trounced on my ego once more.
''I've never had hand-me-down clothes, ' she announced,
'My mother buys mine at the store! '
My six year old patience has worn very thin,
My pride has been trampled before.
'I've never worn hand-me-down shoes, ' she put in,
My mother buys mine at the store! '
My shyness has forced me to hold it all in,
I'm tired of this to the core!
'I have a baby brother, ' I said with chagrin,
Not trying to even the score.
'I don't have a brother, ' chirped little Miss Fluff,
I've begged both my parents before,
But they laugh and tell me that I'm quite enough.A brother I'd truly adore!
'I have a big brother who thinks he's so tough,
My little twin sisters are four.
It's fun to have brothers and sisters, I puff,
'My mother buys mine at the store! '.
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My Mother Buys Mine by Connie Yost )
- Heartache, Liendang Hmar
- Paper Wing, Liendang Hmar
- Like a Candle In The Wind, Liendang Hmar
- Story Line, A.R Evangelista
- Make a living but fail not to live, Bashyam Narayanan
- The Price I Pay, James George
- Not alone, Cheryl .J Barclay
- May our friendship last forever;, Cheryl .J Barclay
- SPICES OF LIFE, Philo Yan
- Flower & Sickle, Arno Le Roux
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fear No More, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Lydia Howard Huntley Sigourney
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)