My Mother Buys Mine
Miss Fuff came to school and typically flounced,
Then trounced on my ego once more.
''I've never had hand-me-down clothes, ' she announced,
'My mother buys mine at the store! '
My six year old patience has worn very thin,
My pride has been trampled before.
'I've never worn hand-me-down shoes, ' she put in,
My mother buys mine at the store! '
My shyness has forced me to hold it all in,
I'm tired of this to the core!
'I have a baby brother, ' I said with chagrin,
Not trying to even the score.
'I don't have a brother, ' chirped little Miss Fluff,
I've begged both my parents before,
But they laugh and tell me that I'm quite enough.A brother I'd truly adore!
'I have a big brother who thinks he's so tough,
My little twin sisters are four.
It's fun to have brothers and sisters, I puff,
'My mother buys mine at the store! '.
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My Mother Buys Mine by Connie Yost )
- कुछ कह नहीं पाता, Aftab Alam
- Jadavpur University Campus A Heaven For .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Friends and foes, gajanan mishra
- Out There, Fatima Nusairat
- Immortal world, gajanan mishra
- Soulful smile, ramesh rai
- Perfection, Donnie Wolff
- Defiled, gajanan mishra
- Be It Trivial And Mundane, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Every creature, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)