My One And Only
You took away a part of me,
The day you passed away,
It shook the very heart of me,
For nothing I could say,
Would bring you back to laugh with me,
Those jokes we often shared,
They were the life and soul of you,
For no one can compare,
To what you really meant to me,
As Mum's can't be replaced,
This life without your love for me,
This life I have to face.
I'm lost without your smile for me,
The voice I long to hear,
Look down on me from time to time,
It's nice to know your near.
One day you'll walk again with me,
My heart will be complete,
Till then I'll bring you flowers,
Until our spirits meet.
Jayne Davies's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My One And Only by Jayne Davies )
Did you read them?
- Title Is A Title, Tyrone Gayle
- Love Them With Time, John Masaitis
- Vice Versa, Sana Olivia Hernandez
- Trippin, John Masaitis
- LAst goodbye, Barbara Dixion
- Letterescence, Jole Hans
- All Babble Yet No Travel, Tyrone Gayle
- In that unlikelihood, Mark Heathcote
- Blue ink, Donnie Wolff
- Tossing Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak