The priest asked-'any new resolution this year? '
I said-'driving with the helmet and with first gear.'
'That's good but have you any more? ? '
'One can have many. But i have four.'
'The first will be never to yawn,
In public be it noon, dusk or dawn.
The second being never say no,
Whether it's summer rain or snow.
The third being a little simpler,
To save water by putting a sprinkler.
The fourth is to hold my head high even under water,
Learn things even from life of a potter.
My dream is to make wonders out of my hand,
Leaving a impression forever on sands.'
Harshit Agrawal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My resolution by Harshit Agrawal )
- Robin Williams Tribute, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- Dying In The Truth, Dexsta Ray
- CORPSE, Bernedita Rosinha Pinto
- Seven Seas, Yohan Confectioner
- The Eternal Moment, Yohan Confectioner
- Drinks, Yohan Confectioner
- Adolescence, Yohan Confectioner
- Stillness, Yohan Confectioner
- Time In History, George Egba
- Jadavpur University Campus, The Coffee H.., Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)