Little King of Sorrows
The oldest child, I am of four. Without the others, I'd be no more.
They pick me up, they shove me down, they make me smile, they make me frown.
My greatest friends! I love so much. A life of hell, we've seen so much.
And through it all. It brings me pride. The bond we feel. Forever tied.
While many sibs, are filled with hate. It's not for us, we can't relate.
Stuck in the middle, our parents behavior. The other the bad guy, but neither a savior.
Year after year, abuse and neglect, childhood unstable, we all now reflect.
Step-parents and juvies, through years split apart, but each of us carried, those 3 in our heart.
So this one's for you, I swell with such pride, who shared in the torment, when innocence died.
Ryan the odd name, no k or no c.
A few of the traits, that have always made me.
Religious and Caring,
Youthful and Daring,
Attentive and Smart,
Noble at Heart.
Kyle my twin, but not really so,
But inside and out, each other we know.
King of the Jesters,
Yardstick like gestures,
Kara's free spirit, a beautiful soul,
but life with 3 brothers, her sleeves she will roll.
Rare as a diamond,
Alone as an island.
Corey the youngster, king tinny maker,
he's brash and he's brave, but never a faker.
Clever and Sharing,
Ornery and Caring,
Rambunctious and Blaring.
Energetic and Willful,
Youngest and Skillful.
Just one more thing, as the hours passed by, next time I do this, I'm skipping the Y! ! !
© 2013 L.K.Sorrows
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Siblings by Little King of Sorrows )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Are You Okay?, Michael P. McParland
- Are You Mad At Me?, Michael P. McParland
- Anyone But You?, Michael P. McParland
- Another Year, Michael P. McParland
- Another Wish, Michael P. McParland
- Cop Killers and Killer Cops, Is It Poetry
- Another Night (Off To Sleep), Michael P. McParland
- Another Day, Michael P. McParland
- Hands on Hips, Mae AC.
- Hands in Pockets, Mae AC.