My Suicide Note
Maybe one day I can die and be gone,
In the torment and pain I can't carry on.
Maybe one day this pain will end,
And heal all the wounds that simply won't mend.
One day my scars will finally heal,
Stuck in this world, unable to feel.
Through fire and ashes I am nearly dead,
With a heart made of iron and veins filled with lead.
My head is bloody, my heart is burnt,
Falling in despair and drowning in hurt.
No matter how hard in life I try,
How can I live in a world of lies?
This world is dying, this world is gone,
Say what you will, I can't carry on.
We're living, quietly bleeding,
Dying slowly, painfully breathing.
Not even alive, just an empty shell,
Come take me away from this treacherous hell.
Kathy Liu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Suicide Note by Kathy Liu )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- it's no surprise i'm weeping, just a lit.., Mandolyn ...
- Culmination, Angell Afinowi
- A Flowers Telling of Orpheus, Skyler Ryan
- West, GRANT FRASER
- Hurricane Kaitlyn, Bernard Snyder
- Old Breath, GRANT FRASER
- Saints Rising, George Egba
- Hiroshima., Tony Adah
- Sun Exposed, Prasad Natarajan
- Libra Scale, Kewayne Wadley