My Suicide Note
Maybe one day I can die and be gone,
In the torment and pain I can't carry on.
Maybe one day this pain will end,
And heal all the wounds that simply won't mend.
One day my scars will finally heal,
Stuck in this world, unable to feel.
Through fire and ashes I am nearly dead,
With a heart made of iron and veins filled with lead.
My head is bloody, my heart is burnt,
Falling in despair and drowning in hurt.
No matter how hard in life I try,
How can I live in a world of lies?
This world is dying, this world is gone,
Say what you will, I can't carry on.
We're living, quietly bleeding,
Dying slowly, painfully breathing.
Not even alive, just an empty shell,
Come take me away from this treacherous hell.
Kathy Liu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Suicide Note by Kathy Liu )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Algernon Charles Swinburne
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Sir Walter Scott
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- The law of these times, Ravikumar C.P.
- So Many Minds Are Left Fractured, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Mystic Blake, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Today's World, Leong Ming Loong
- Thoughts in the Moonlight, Luo Zhihai
- Tales Of A Wife: Honeymoon, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Guard well, gajanan mishra
- The Photographer, Ravikumar C.P.
- Tuavatara!, Ravikumar C.P.
- Mystery Caller, Ravikumar C.P.