Amelia Evelyn White
I'm sorry you've lost your mother
I know she was precious to you.
I understand how you feel,
For I lost my mother too.
I know you loved her very much
But, Jesus loved her best.
There's much consolation in knowing
She is now His heavenly guest.
Of course, you'll miss her more and more
As the days go by
And sometimes you may even
Breakdown and cry.
So go on and mourn
The lost of your mother,
Knowing that Jesus
Is closer than a brother.
And soon one day without a doubt
You'll rejoice in remembering
What a mother's love was all about.
Amelia Evelyn White's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Sympathy by Amelia Evelyn White )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Older, Younger, Both, Joyce Sutphen
- Living in the Body, Joyce Sutphen
- Beggar thy Neighbor, John F. McCullagh
- In Black, Joyce Sutphen
- Ever After, Joyce Sutphen
- Miracle entry, hasmukh amathalal
- Evening Angelus, Joyce Sutphen
- Casino, Joyce Sutphen
- At the Moment, Joyce Sutphen
- Destonation Life, david kush