GAYLE ANNE GOFF
MY WEDDING DAY
The Ice Queen, as everyone knows is my mother
a year after I left the Ice Queens dugeon I met
someonewe decided to get married.
I did not want to, but a invitation was to her.
THE ROYAL ICE QUEEN
r.s.v.p. stated will be able
I had been brought up in the
I had not been going to church.
So I felt like I did not have the right
to ask the church to bless
I would not experience the joy
my two sisters had.
Holding my fathers arm and walking
to the man I loved.
I would never have the memories of
hearing the words ''Who gives
And to hear my fathers answer,
'' I DO''
He was not there, the minute
I became a new wife.
He'd missed the most important
day in my life.
I know he did not do this by
'' IT CAME FROM THE
ROYAL ICE QUEEN MOTHER''
My two older sisters had
beautiful church wedding.
My twin brother, brought
is then unborn son to his
They were formal weddings
Gowns and Tucks.
All the silver trays
were pulled out for theirs.
The bar, was free you didn't
have to pay.
I love my sibling.
But why couldn't the
THE ROYAL ICE
attend her youngest daughters,
little informal wedding?
But my little informal
wedding in that little
brown stone church
It was a very beautiful
on that very cold winter
This all happened thirty
five years ago
We go each February
We stand on the steps
and kiss and hug.
This has had happened for the
last thirty five years.
NO THANKS TO THE
ROYAL ICE QUEEN
GAYLE ANNE GOFF's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MY WEDDING DAY by GAYLE ANNE GOFF )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Henry David Thoreau
(12 July 1817 – 6 May 1862)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Minor Bird, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Moon, Henry David Thoreau
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Transportational Hazards, derrick foster
- अमीबा से ह्युमन तक, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- Crazy For You, Gillu Rahul
- दिल में तुम्हे रखा है, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- खुदा मांग ले, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- ओ घघरी, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- nine times i tried to pinch his wink, Mandolyn ...
- आओ के सूरज को कैद करे, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- शब्दों से अब बात न बनती, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- Motherhouse, Leslie Philibert