Illegal immigrant - not nice,
Dehumanizing to so call.
Need a 'gay' type word - how 'bout ice?
Oops - prob'ly not so good at all.
Need something safe from the word pool,
Not tied to the reality,
With sure sound byteness - how 'bout 'cool'?
Other meanings, but 'cool' could be
Illegal immigrant - but said
In a pleasant and a hip way.
No nasty naming, but instead
One is so 'cool' is what we'd say.
Yes, confusion could dump upon,
But look how good 'gay' has caught on!
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Name Changeover by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- It Feels So Far Away This Evening..., B.. Alexander
- Neophytic Gay-Blade, Richard Thripp
- Rebel, Nassy Fesharaki
- Your Organ Donor Card, Richard Thripp
- Floating Feathers, Ronald Chapman
- I LOOK FOR NEW FACES ابحث عن وجوه جديدة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- First Date (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Love Forever, Sandra Feldman
- Feeling Love, Ronald Chapman
- Hussein, Nassy Fesharaki