I've tried to tell my mother,
I don't need a nap for me.
Naps are just for babies -
but we just don't agree.
I'm much too big to take one
and I've tried to tell her that
but Mom will never understand
why I don't want a nap.
So, every day I lay here
with nothin' else to do.
Sometimes, I even fall asleep
- and I think she does, too.
C.J. Heck's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Naps (Children) by C.J. Heck )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Achievement, Jaipal Singh
- The Sea Mist, Tadej Blažic
- Hopeless Dreams, Omar Eldamsheety
- Garden, Benedicta Ruiz
- PAINS AND SUFFERINGS آلام و اوجاع, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- What is the love?, Petai Jirakongpipat
- Fair praises, hasmukh amathalal
- On MY Way To The Mailbox, Kyle Schlicher
- Belinda, Juan Olivarez
- My Life Will Go On, Kyle Schlicher