Neither is mine!
Happy Birthday, wishes divine,
Although I know it isn't that day
you kindly see, neither is mine!
I only wished, because it's May!
You say it isn't? I'll wait because
we'll find another reason then,
to invent a birthday for some cause,
good will transfers the dates often.
It's January (my voice acclaimed) ,
a friendly moose incurred attacks
uncalled they were and thus defamed
his birthday with their ugly struck!
It isn't? Maybe it's September!
Promised to be a gracious aide,
The poets should harmonize better,
because their work should never fade!
Hey sneaky you! :) It is December!
The birthday of a writer friend;
Inspired I am, with poetry's blend,
did you claim we have November?
I Know! It's Summer, we're in June
Is it your birthday? Swim in brine,
let's go jump on a warm sand dune,
it isn't your birthday, neither's mine!
Giorgio Venetopoulos's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Neither is mine! by Giorgio Venetopoulos )
- A Rainbow holder, Antonio Liao
- The Marketplace, Tony Adah
- Sailing Midnight, Steven Rhoads
- No one is, hasmukh amathalal
- Seizing The Arrears, Dexsta Ray
- I shall sing, hasmukh amathalal
- Thelo (1), Branden Aeling
- Why lord should look, hasmukh amathalal
- A to Z for You, Indranil Bit
- Our bretherne, hasmukh amathalal