Whenever I see a clear, cloudless, bright blue sky
there is a swipe of grief.
Vault of heaven, you shimmer off glass walls.
No twin skyscrapers, no twin jets, could ever pierce you,
but can tears reach?
I gaze the sky, so that all mine may run dry.
Yet, my eyes again turn wet.
Bright blue, I would resent you, if not for all the hope
in what may be above.
Meantime, in the rubble here, love may be all that is left.
Thankfully, no one can take from us what is our best.
And so, let birds, let them fly.
And help us all to forgive, even as we can never forget.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Never Forget by Joe Bisicchia )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Poet And Poem, Ruma Chaudhuri
- My Dream, Kripa Bhardwaj
- Under the Tamaring Tree (St. Patrick's A.., Leonard Dabydeen
- Prime Truth - 83, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 82, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Directors Are Cap Off Scot-Free, Terence G. Craddock
- Prime Truth - 81, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Relation is by woman, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- life without you, kiranjot kaur thiara
- Tantrayana philosophy, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.