New Love and Old
In my heart the old love
Struggled with the new;
It was ghostly waking
All night through.
Dear things, kind things,
That my old love said,
Ranged themselves reproachfully
Round my bed.
But I could not heed them,
For I seemed to see
The eyes of my new love
Fixed on me.
Old love, old love,
How can I be true?
Shall I be faithless to myself
Or to you?
Sara Teasdale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (New Love and Old by Sara Teasdale )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Zerschlagene Heart:, Sherry Painter
- Haiku- Oh flowers, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Addiction, Jared Hirsch
- Exceptional, gajanan mishra
- Bloom Dream - Blütentraum, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- जोँ सोरजिगिरिनि, Ronjoy Brahma
- poor perfect pirate, Mandolyn Davidson
- Awaiting for Battle, Maverick Jones
- ERIOBOTYRA شجرة الاكي دنيا - بشملة - الم.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Uphill Fight, Maverick Jones