NEXT CANADIAN ELECTION... OCT 8TH,2013
We sometimes have an election though less than half of us go,
Can’t vote for our senators or prime minister by name though,
He/she is chosen by a political party in some back room,
Like the Senate appointees - secretly quietly out of view... boom.
And issues like death-with-dignity are whispered - not out loud,
Because you might be considered to be from the wrong crowd,
And who are you but a number who seldom even votes?
Could be compared to someone from a flock or herd of goats.
Why are Canadians having such a hard time with this conundrum?
Treated as if we didn’t count and were considered very humdrum,
While the Ottawa aristocrats in the Red Chamber laugh,
And Canadians dare not show that we’ve been chafed.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (NEXT CANADIAN ELECTION... OCT 8TH,2013 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Wildly Into The Night, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Drunk poetry, Christian Lacdael
- Opportunities, Christian Lacdael
- COPLA 68 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Yes I Do, Lalit Kaira
- Wooden Footprints, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- New Migration Equilibriums Time Shift Es.., Terence G. Craddock
- bonnie to your clyde, Mandolyn ...
- Purpose Of Life!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Corridors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak