NEXT CANADIAN ELECTION... OCT 8TH,2013
We sometimes have an election though less than half of us go,
Can’t vote for our senators or prime minister by name though,
He/she is chosen by a political party in some back room,
Like the Senate appointees - secretly quietly out of view... boom.
And issues like death-with-dignity are whispered - not out loud,
Because you might be considered to be from the wrong crowd,
And who are you but a number who seldom even votes?
Could be compared to someone from a flock or herd of goats.
Why are Canadians having such a hard time with this conundrum?
Treated as if we didn’t count and were considered very humdrum,
While the Ottawa aristocrats in the Red Chamber laugh,
And Canadians dare not show that we’ve been chafed.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (NEXT CANADIAN ELECTION... OCT 8TH,2013 by James Bredin )
- Not a Drop of Anger Can Exist, Mr. Nobody
- Walking With The Master, Heather Burns
- O night, you have so much beauty really, gajanan mishra
- Passage for, hasmukh amathalal
- I Did Not Know, Jerome Chukwuemeka Edwin
- Simply Spoken Life, Heather Burns
- Did You Ever Love Me, Peter S. Quinn
- On To the Night, Peter S. Quinn
- Haiku...Highway Heart Race, Ken e Hall
- Guaman Poma, Nassy Fesharaki
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)